Özyeğin University, Çekmeköy Campus Nişantepe District, Orman Street, 34794 Çekmeköy - İSTANBUL
Phone : +90 (216) 564 90 00
Fax : +90 (216) 564 99 99
Undergraduate Program in Industrial Engineering welcomed its first students in September 2009. The first structuring of curriculum was carried out under the guidance of ABET criterion with the examination of leading industrial engineering schools in the world and Turkey, in accordance with remaks of all stakeholders and consultants. Our Department also includes Bologna standarts in its structures. In the light of a new assessment phase conducted in 2014, we decided to be reviewed by MÜDEK (Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs)
Our graduates will be able to
- work as industrial engineer, researchers or managers in national or international companies,
- pursue master's or doctoral degrees in industrial engineers, or a related field, in gradute schools worldwide, and eventually hold faculty positions in academia, and
- develop new products based on advances in industrial engineers and/or start new high-tech companies.
Our students will acquire the below knowledge, abilities and behaviors by the time of their graduation.
1. Ability to communicate effectively and write and present a report in Turkish and English.
2. Ability to work individually, and in intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Recognition of the need for life-long learning and ability to access information, follow developments in science and technology, and continually reinvent oneself.
4. Knowledge of project management, risk management, innovation and change management, entrepreneurship and sustainable development.
5. Awareness of sectors and ability to prepare a business plan.
6. Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and demostrating ethical behaviour.
Faculty of Engineering Specific Outcomes
7. Knowledge of engineering problems of the era, global and societal impact of engineering solutions on health, environment and safety and their legal consequences.
8. Knowledge of current engineering applications and standards used in engineering applications.
9. Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems and ability to select and apply proper analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
10. Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product to meet desired needs within realistic constraints and conditions by employing modern design tools.
11. Ability to develop, select and employ modern techniques and tools and use information and communication technologies needed for engineering practice.
12. Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data and analyze and interpret results for investigating engineering problems.
Industrial Engineering Specific Outcomes
13. Adequate knowledge (1) in mathematics (a), science (b) and subjects pertaining to industrial engineering (c) and ability to use this knowledge to solve complex engineering problems (2).
14. Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy.Indepth of knowledge in the integration of systems using appropriate analytical, computational and experimental practices such as simulation (a), production systems (b), operations research (c) and statistics (d).